CAT 308E2 CR SB: Serviceability of the highest class
The machine was lifted to third place by the test operator assessment points, although its less exciting technical performance efficiency brought about point deductions. The CAT hydraulics work quickly and precisely, which is why there was a bit more trench in the fuel consumption test than for the other machines. At the same time, its fuel consumption was the biggest.
As is typical for a Caterpillar, the serviceability of the test machine was also at a good standard. All filters and all other frequently repaired areas were clearly visible after lifting the engine hood. Thanks to good planning, even the central lubrication system bin has enough space underneath the metal plate that it can be accessed easily.
There was an additional weight on the rear weight, which is why the tail swing to the side was the largest in the comparison at 41 cm. With the steel tracks with rubber pads, which come as standard, the operating weight was over 9,700 kilos. Due to the above mentioned constellation, the tipping loads of the CAT are first-class. Also, the range was the best in the comparison, as the bolt of the upper cylinder was attached in the outer bracket. But the bucket did not reach the dozer blade.
However, the view from the operator's cab was not the best possible because the columns on the left were thick. The right window was again stuck with labels. The machine also comes with a reversing camera as standard. The test operators were also unenthusiastic about the attachment lock on the display because the solution was perceived as too slow.
The digging ergonomics are enhanced by the well-placed armrests, which are height-adjustable. There was also enough space in the operator's cab in the longitudinal direction and, for example, the dozer blade lever was in exactly the right place. The CAT is the only one to have a dozer blade with a replaceable cutting blade. The accelerator pedals were also praised.
PRAISE & CRITICISM
- Excellent serviceability of hydraulic control system
- Accelerator pedals
- Large tail swing
- Fuel consumption
- View from the operator's cab
- Televisiosta tuttu Markku Saukko on maarakennusalan ammattilainen – työn lomassa onnistuu myös yhteisselfiet kuraisissa vaatteissa23.6.2021
- Piinaako polanne? – Kovax-polannekauha soveltuu tamppaantuneen lumen höyläämisen lisäksi myös tavalliseen auraukseen12.4.2021
- JCB Hydradig poikkeaa valtavirran pyöräalustaisista kaivukoneista10.1.2019 Tilaajalle
- Minimaallista maanrakennusta Yanmar SV08-1 -minikaivinkoneella28.6.2012
- Timo Hyppösen omatekoisen pyöräkuormaajan rakentaminen kesti vuosikymmenen – ”Jos jotain tekisin toisin, niin en aloittaisi koko hommaa ollenkaan”16.9.2021 Tilaajalle
- Kilpailu tiivistyy pienempien pyöräkuormainten kokoluokassa - Bobcat on laajentanut omavalmisteista kuormainmallistoaan myös runko-ohjattuihin koneisiin3.11.2021 Tilaajalle
- Ruston-Bycurys 61 SC - kaivinkone – vanhakin tekniikka toimii13.9.2012 Tilaajalle