JCB 90Z-1: Reliable delivery
The JCB has given a stable performance in both areas, meaning that it secured fourth place. The points gap to the top trio was still relatively large. The JCB was the second test participant with zero tail. The 9,550 kilos machine was given additional stability by the additional weights on the chassis and on the counterweight. The additional mass is also necessary because the lateral tipping load was the second weakest.
Unlike with the other machines, the additional weight was accommodated at the rear under the body. However, the additional weight obscures the visibility slightly, as well as the access to the engine compartment and the capacitor. The hydraulic oil filter must be replaced manually from above. However, this is made easier by the cartridge-shaped filter. The battery is easily accessible in the front corner. The special features of the JCB include the graphite-impregnated bronze bushings, which make the lubrication interval of the bolts on the excavator arm as long as 500 hours. For repairs, it is also helpful that the operator's cab can be tilted by 30 degrees.
The JCB operator's cab is very quiet during idling, but, for example, the driving noise is very loud. The use of the small display takes some getting used to, because the touch controls are not as clear as they could be.
In the air-conditioning system test, the machine performed excellently, as the cooling performance was in the top range. The short armrests are not adjustable, but the mini control lever for the dozer blade is excellently placed. The measurements also provide evidence for the view from the operator's cab being very good.
The full revolutions of the test machine had to be started with two different switches, after which there was enough momentum in the hydraulics. Unfortunately, the movements were a bit hasty, which has a negative impact on accuracy.
PRAISE & CRITICISM
- Air-conditioning system performance
- No tail swing
- Low idling
- Lateral tipping load
- Narrow engine compartment
- Space required for forward turn
- Kuinka kaivinkoneen vaihtoarvo säilytetään? – Näillä vinkeillä pidät koneen arvoa yllä22.4.
- Järeä Åkerman H14 -kaivinkone soveltuu myös harrastekäyttöön – ”Hullun käsissä tämä on hirveä vehje”16.9.2021
- Video: 40 vuotta vanhalla Åkerman H14 -kaivinkoneella kaivaminen on Juhana Korhoselle lähes terapeuttinen kokemus – Korhonen kertoo, millaista harrastekoneella on työskennellä16.9.2021
- Paukutonta pilkkomista - Simplex-louhintapatruunat23.9.2015 Tilaajalle
- Maan tiivistäminen on tärkeä osa rakentamista - esittelyssä erilaiset tärylevyt eli tärylätkät14.5.2020 Tilaajalle
- Hydrema MX14 on pyöräalustainen kaivinkone suoraan tehtaalta8.11.2019 Tilaajalle
- Maxpo 2022 -kaivukoneuutuuksissa näkyy polttoainekulujen jahtaaminen ja käyttökustannukset – katso kuvat uusista koneista14:21 Tilaajalle