Big differences in spare parts prices
After-sales support and easy maintenance play an increasingly important role in purchasing decisions. Even a good machine can cause frustration if the normal maintenance parts are expensive or the spare part delivery times are long. The table opposite lists the prices of some parts for the test machines. For some parts, the price differences are surprisingly large.
For example, a JCB upper front window costs €431, while you only have to pay €182.20 for a Komatsu window. The price difference is €248.80. In addition to the price policies of the manufacturer and importers, the window size and the number of holes required, for example, also influence the price.
There are also price differences for basic maintenance parts. The price for the combined air filter package inside and outside the Bobcat is stated as just €36, while the price for the ECM package amounts to €158. The difference between the cheapest and most expensive alternator is €946.
For starter motors, there are price differences of up to €1,266.
The largest price difference in the shopping cart was for engines, where there was a difference as high as €8,279 between the two ends of the scale. For some machines, there were special-offer transmissions included, so the prices are not quite comparable.
There were also significant price fluctuations with engine control units. The CAT ECU costs €2,977.87, while you can get the Wacker Neuson for less than €800.
The assembly of the machine using commonly available components seems to have a price-reducing effect. The difference in price for the Bobcat Bosch Rexroth main pump is in the 20% range, depending on whether you buy the pump in Finland from the importer or in a hydraulic accessories store offering Rexroth components, where the price is within the normal range. The importer in Finland can often offer the parts at a shorter delivery time.
The fact that the gear pumps and engines are from one of the major component manufacturers means that broken parts can be repaired in a hydraulic workshop. For example, the basic repair of the above-mentioned pump with original parts will cost about €1,600 (VAT 0%) with Peimarin Hydrauliikka Oy. This usually takes one working day, meaning that a repair often beats a new part in terms of time savings.
- Televisiosta tuttu Markku Saukko on maarakennusalan ammattilainen – työn lomassa onnistuu myös yhteisselfiet kuraisissa vaatteissa23.6.2021
- Kylävieraat kauhistuivat, kun taaperoikäinen Anne Tikkanen käynnisti kaivinkoneen — nyt hän tekee urakointia isänsä työparina23.9.2022
- Saris PXL 2030 -perävaunu + HMF 50-TM – hallittua kuormausta18.7.2013
- Piinaako polanne? – Kovax-polannekauha soveltuu tamppaantuneen lumen höyläämisen lisäksi myös tavalliseen auraukseen12.4.2021
- Doosan nimetään uudelleen22.12.2022
- Peräkärryllä varustettu kaivukone – kätevää, mutta rajoitettua29.8.2019
- Kaivinkoneissa käytetään yhä enemmän erilaisia työkaluja – Janne Leppäsen suunnittelema kiinteä harjalaite tarjoaa putsausta konevoimin23.9.2021 Tilaajalle