Takeuchi TB280FR: For tight spaces
The winner of the previous excavator comparison, the Takeuchi, did not quite make it into the top group in this test. It did not manage to finish higher because of its test operator assessment rating. The hydraulics of this brand are typically soft and smooth, but this time the control seemed to snag a little. As regards the technical points, there were deductions for the tractive force of the dipper stick and the lift capacity, on the other hand, the machine scored highly for the tractive force of the undercarriage and the travel speed. Also, the view from the operator's cab, when the boom was in the home position, and the function of the airconditioning system were among the best in the comparison overall.
The Takeuchi test machine had the laterally displaceable boom which is characteristic of this brand. The excavator arm also folds together really well, meaning that the required space for a forward turn was by far the smallest in the comparison group. The difference from the largest required space was a full 132 cm. In addition, the transport height is below the rest of the comparison because the excavator arm folded lower than the cabin.
The boom displacement mechanism is under the operator's cab, which is why the accelerator pedals are positioned very high, which in turn makes it difficult to operate them.
The space into which the operator's seat can be pushed backwards is too short for larger operators. Ergonomic working is also hampered by the high fixed armrests which, even in the lowest position, are too high. The operator's cab is also relatively loud.
The tail swing of the Takeuchi is one of the smallest in the test. Therefore, compromises also had to be made in serviceability, because the battery is recessed in a very narrow space in the depths of the tail. The engine is therwise installed pretty deep in the machine. However, you can get to the pump and the valve unit by tipping the operator's cab forward.
PRAISE & CRITICISM
- Performance efficiency of the undercarriage
- Fuel consumption
- Space required for turn
- Loud cabin
- Lift capacity
- Extremely high accelerator pedals
- Televisiosta tuttu Markku Saukko on maarakennusalan ammattilainen – työn lomassa onnistuu myös yhteisselfiet kuraisissa vaatteissa23.6.2021
- JCB Hydradig poikkeaa valtavirran pyöräalustaisista kaivukoneista10.1.2019 Tilaajalle
- Piinaako polanne? – Kovax-polannekauha soveltuu tamppaantuneen lumen höyläämisen lisäksi myös tavalliseen auraukseen12.4.2021
- Doosan nimetään uudelleen22.12.2022
- Maansiirtoalan aloittelija ja konkari haastattelussa – Sähi Oy:ssä työskentelevät isä ja poika näkevät alan eri näkökulmista24.9.2021
- Minimaallista maanrakennusta Yanmar SV08-1 -minikaivinkoneella28.6.2012
- Kilpailu tiivistyy pienempien pyöräkuormainten kokoluokassa - Bobcat on laajentanut omavalmisteista kuormainmallistoaan myös runko-ohjattuihin koneisiin3.11.2021 Tilaajalle